Crochet Angel Pattern

milney

Question

4 answers to this question

I can tell you how the body was made (US Terms).  It's 'sort of' like making a flat circle, but with too many stitches so it's not flat.

make a ring,

Round 1 ch3 (counts as DC now & in future rounds), 11 DC into a ring, slst to top of 3rd chain of ch3.  (12 DC total)--note, join & ch3 at the end of each row

Round 2: DC in same spot as ch 3, 2 DC in each DC,(24 DC total).

Round 3: Repeat round 2 except with Trebles or Double Trebles (whichever you think looks better)  (48 tall stitches total)

Round 4: SC in each stitch with shiny crochet thread

For the head, assuming you have a bead or something to make the 'hat' around that is the same size as the photo, I think I'd start the same as above, except round 2 will probably be something close to making 1 DC into each DC of round 1 - you may need to tweak this plus or minus a stitch with the head handy for a snug fit, or change the second round to a shorter stitch, or whatever it takes (don't be afraid of ripping and re-doing a few times if that's what it takes too look right).  Even if I found the exact pattern, you'd probably have to do some tweaking unless you found the exact wooden head the original used.  Altho this is not per the photo, it might look nice (halo-y?) if you added a round of shiny thread sc around the face.

The hanging loop - I'd just use sewing thread ( or the shiny thread used for the edging), pull it under/around and make a loop, tie a knot, and hide the knot under the 'hat'.   Note on the shiny thread, eons ago I bought a spool of silver, and gold thread like that at the fabric stores' thread section.  I still have them, I think the only thing I've used them for is ornament loops!  This wasn't it, but similar to what I was suggesting.

You're welcome!  I just realized I forgot to say to turn at the end of each row, because you are making a partial circle by turning and working back and forth in curved rows not complete rounds.  Hopefully I didn't confuse you,  and you figured out what I meant  :blush