How do i attach these noses?

Catcrochetperson

Question

10 answers to this question

I don't think these were meant for that purpose, and if you were thinking a nose for a toy, I can't think of any child safe way to attach them to anything, even with 'super' glue (super glued things can be removed by shearing 'relatively' easily).  And crochet fabric is too not-smooth for any glue to work well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I don't think these were meant for that purpose, and if you were thinking a nose for a toy, I can't think of any child safe way to attach them to anything, even with 'super' glue (super glued things can be removed by shearing 'relatively' easily).  And crochet fabric is too not-smooth for any glue to work well.

Nothing has to be kid safe as they are just for me. Should i try to use fabric glue?

Hopefully someone else will weigh in, I've never used fabric glue on crochet or knit items as I wouldn't trust to hold well -- I do a lot of fabric sewing and found that fabric adhesive only works well on binding 2 pieces of tightly woven fabric (and even then, if it's something like an applique I embroider/blanket stitch around it, as it can peel up at the edge), so I can't imagine it working well on much more coarse crochet fabric.  However, it might work well enough if you are just making a decorative desk-buddy for yourself.

I don't think it needs to be fabric glue as neither your yarn or the noses are fabric, just sure whatever glue you use dries clear and will not melt or adversely affect the plastic nose and yarn, if you are using acrylic.  

6 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Hopefully someone else will weigh in, I've never used fabric glue on crochet or knit items as I wouldn't trust to hold well -- I do a lot of fabric sewing and found that fabric adhesive only works well on binding 2 pieces of tightly woven fabric (and even then, if it's something like an applique I embroider/blanket stitch around it, as it can peel up at the edge), so I can't imagine it working well on much more coarse crochet fabric.  However, it might work well enough if you are just making a decorative desk-buddy for yourself.

I don't think it needs to be fabric glue as neither your yarn or the noses are fabric, just sure whatever glue you use dries clear and will not melt or adversely affect the plastic nose and yarn, if you are using acrylic.  

Thank you so much! Its just going to br a little decoration so hopedully itll work

Try Beacon "Fabri-Tac" Permanent Adhesive. Bonds: Fabric,Lace,Glass, Leather, Wood & Trims. It will work on those noses.

That is washable & flexible glue.  It is VERY strong. it looks like a very thick Jelly and will stay that way. I did tried that glue. I am on my third bottle :).  Great stuff!

Krys

I've used Fabri-Tac and it's good for things like that. I had trouble finding it once and someone recommended Jewel-It. Bonds hard-to-hold items, plastic, glass, metal, etc. to fabrics and it works great on crochet items. It's white, but dries clear. For baby/child under 3 yrs, I embroider eyes, noses and mouths.

Ellie 13