Seeking 1970s era pattern

LaurelA

Question

Hello all!  I'm hoping someone can help me locate a crochet pattern that I lost track of some years ago.  It's an oldie but a goodie that I made several times, but have managed to lose the old photocopied pattern that I had.  I did find the afghan for sale on eBay in the exact pattern I'm seeking, but I'm looking for the pattern, not seeking to spend $30 on the already crocheted item.  The item on eBay in the pattern I'm seeking is listed for sale at https://www.ebay.com/itm/123660997780    I've also (hopefully) attached a copy of the eBay listing.  A very good friend of mine had to make the difficult decision this past Friday to place her mother in a memory care facility.  She gave me a huge box of yard that her mother had and I'd love to create this afghan for her using the yarn she gave me.  I'd appreciate any advice, hints or help you could provide.  Thanks in advance!!

afghan pattern.pdf

13 answers to this question

Unfortunately no but thank you for your reply. The pattern is kind of a semi circle of double crochets that alternate left to right across the row with the bottom portion of the semi circle always positioned toward the middle. 

I've not seen the pattern before , but I'm guessing since your version was a photocopy the original was from a book or magazine, so even if one of us recognized it the best we could do would be to say "it's pattern y from publication x" so you could try to track down an original copy to buy it - it would be against US copyright law and the rules of this forum to do more than that, short of offering to sell or give you their copy of the book.

I did take a look for the pattern on Ravelry using a couple of descriptive search terms, but didn't find it.  Here is a link to search for yourself, which is just for the category of crochet blanket patterns if you want to take a look.  If you are not a member, you may have to re-input those search terms--see the filters along the left side, craft>crochet, category>home>all blanket.  Then you can type something in the search box at the top that you think will narrow it down.

I’d guess that you are absolutely correct that the Xerox copy I had was from a book or magazine and subject to copyright. I completely understand the associated issues. Thank you for providing the link to search Ravelry. I’ll see what I can find on a search. Anything is possible 🙂. Thank you so much for your comment!

I think it's a "mile a minute" pattern, you make strips and join them as you go.  To me it looks similar to what's called Queen Anne's Lace so look for that on Ravelry.  You may not find QAL  as a join as you go pattern, but the join is easy to do once you have the basic pattern for the strip.  

Thank you, but unfortunately not it.  Magicrochetfan (in the thread above) was able to identify the pattern for me.  With enough Googling around, I found a free pattern that gets me the first row.  I believe I have enough skill to connect the rows together once I have each one completed.  Thanks again!

OMG thank you!  This provides a clear way to connect the motifs. I was just going to wing it based upon what appeared to make the most sense now I can do it correctly. I haven’t started yet as I’m still a bit crocheted out from the 8 afghans I made for Christmas presents. Thank you again, I really appreciate it!!

• Like 1