"In-between" double crochet shawl

PuppyMom

Question

I came across this shawl a couple of times on youtube, and can't find it in history.  I think it's a half-circle, or 5-pointed "segment" type shawl.  Anyway, each segment has a run of double crochets which increase with each row.  The difference is that you don't place your new row of DC's directly into the previous row's DC's, but place them in-between the previous row's DC's instead, something I've rarely seen done before.  Has anyone seen/done a pattern like this?  The effect was really interesting and unusual.  Thanks to everyone in advance.  Pup

3 answers to this question

Hmmm interesting. I've used patterns that go between the stitches and it does make for a different look. Not much but, it does change it up a just bit.

This pattern goes between the dc's at the points.

Hi Reni,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I see what you mean about going between the stitches at the points, but the pattern I saw actually had the DC "runs" (the rows of DC's in each segment between the points) placed in between the DC's from the row below, not just at the points.  I'm actually considering making the pattern you suggested.....it is beautiful.  Thanks again, and be well.  Pup

5 hours ago, PuppyMom said:

Hi Reni,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I see what you mean about going between the stitches at the points, but the pattern I saw actually had the DC "runs" (the rows of DC's in each segment between the points) placed in between the DC's from the row below, not just at the points.  I'm actually considering making the pattern you suggested.....it is beautiful.  Thanks again, and be well.  Pup

You're welcome. Can you tell us what the colors were in photo of the pattern you seek? 

Archived