Selling my scarves today

Today, I sold my scarves with other crafts at a craft show. Three of my scarves sold. Everyone who passed by the table commented on how beautiful they were and how they loved the silk ribbon but not many people were interested in buying them. It was OK, I will now give them to my family as xmas gifts.

The ones that sold surprised me as they were the less interesting ones, so I thought. They were made of homespun yarn, which is lovely as the color changes as you continue to crochette. The yarn cost $4.50 and I sold them for $15.00. The other one I sold cost $14.00 and I sold it for $25.00. This one had the hand dyed silk ribbon. The women who bought them really loved them so that made me feel good.

I originally made them for family members but when the craft show came up, I thought I would give it a try and see if they would sell. It was funny because some people passed and I would check to see if their hands were clean before they touched my masterpieces!!!! When kids came to the table I really cringed but they were more interested in looking at themselves in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!

Archived