Inline crochet hooks

Lulu80

Question

I have a Provo Craft interchangeable crochet hook kit & love it. Having said that I lost the handle & my G hook the other day & just found it today in a deep part of my couch. Needless to say I was freaking out, though I did realize that it’s an inline hook & I found I really don’t like tapered hooks. I think I like Susan Bates though I can’t find the 1 I know I have somewhere in the house (we moved recently so things are still disorganized). 

So my questions are: what inline hooks do you like? & do you have a way to make them ergonomical or padded somehow? 

4 answers to this question

I know the Provo hooks are for knife holders, I'm a tapered hook/pencil grip gal, but I found a trick on the net somewhere that works great and is inexpensive. It should work for either grip style, although knife holders want 2 side by side (I get away with just 1).

This works with tiny steel doily hooks up to about a J size or so.  Find some pencil grips - and some rubber bands, I use the thin kind that my newspaper comes with; you may need more than 1 for smaller hooks . Wrap the rubber band(s) around the hook.  Slide the pencil grip over the rubber band - it should be sort of hard to do, which is good because you want it to stay put.  Enjoy your cushy hook!

Archived