Laurabhspt

Question

Me again! Everyone was so helpful when I was making my bunny that I am back here again to ask for your help :-)

im about to start a simple blanket, but the pattern will make a 2.4m x .8m blanket.  I’d like it to be square.

my question is, as it’s done in single crochet, with a chain of 50 and has just short of 100rows, is it as simple as doubling my chain length to 100 to make the chain length similar to the amount of rows? And if so, do I use double the yarn yardage or only 50% more? 

Thankyou in advance :-)

8 answers to this question

Just now, Granny Square said:

This is a simple single crochet pattern, so just chain the length you want (and the patter says just that).  The original was 1/3 as high as the width. so you' should need 3 times the yarn.

So the chain length is what would be the narrower part in this pattern? (Apologies, I’m only just learning how to follow patterns)

i assumed it would be as simple as matching the amount of rows to the chain length to make a square but didn’t want to do something wrong.

thanks granny square

Oh, oops--should have said the original is 3 time longer than the width.  But the rest of what I said applies - make a chain as long as you want, so probably around 150 chains if you are using the same yarn and hitting the pattern gauge.  Then keep working until it's square--you'd still need 3x the yarn the original called for.

Archived