Forgotten stitch

Klwilkinson19

Question

7 answers to this question

Guessing-could it be SC between stitches rather than into the tops of stitches?  So, the stitch is a little more elongated than normal?  I also think it might be upside down (bottom of photo is the last row worked), it appears that the  bottom border between red and white that the first row of red reached over the white, also above that it looks like the first row of white reached over the red...

you could try this:  slowly rip out a few stitches and see if you can tell what they are.  Also you could just go ahead and start stitching, using either sc or hdc, and see if it looks right;  if not then rip out and try the other stitch.  Or make a separate swatch if you don't want to change anything yet on what you've made so far.  

I don't think it is anything taller than hdc.  

I agree, I was debating between SC or HDC but couldn't quite tell.  It looks like there's a few stitches coming undone in your last photo, that would be a good idea to test which stitch you were making.  Take a good look at the edge to make sure that you finish that edge by putting the last stitch in the same relative position as you did  2 rows down, so you maintain the same stitch count when you continue.

By the way, both Magiccrochetfan and I are 'speaking' in US terms, in case you are in the UK or a place where they use those terms, US SC= UK DC, and US HDC = UK half treble.

Archived