Flowers Everywhere

damomma

Question

I received a bunch of vintage "Bloom Loom" flowers from a friend with a request for me to crochet them together into a baby blanket. I can't find the pattern anywhere. I've tried ordering it on line but all the sites cancel my order due to unavailability. I'm hoping one of my crochetville friends can lead me in the right direction. Please help me.

3 answers to this question

just a thought...not knowing what fiber the yarn is and how they've been stored, I would launder them first before i spent too much time searching for a pattern.  if the yarn has deteriorated over the years i think washing  would reveal any weak spots.  

How embarrassing/funny is it that I was able to lay my hands on my "Easy art of flower crochet" book in under a minute  (not that I've used it in the past...uh...40+ years, just know where I keep books I never use but don't want to toss...anyway, the link that Redrosesdz gave is a good source for how to get started with turning the flowers into motifs.  One afghan was made with the motifs encircled with 1 round of crochet as the above link, arranged like you would hexagons (even rows offset by a half motif from odd rows).  Another pattern squared the flowers off, starting with the circle surround and adding a second granny-square "shell" round into the loops in between the petals, with four evenly space 2-shell granny square 'corners' so you could leave it at a flower + 1 granny round, or make the square bigger with more granny rounds if needed. 

I can't post the patterns here due to copyright, but let me know if you have more questions.  I could work up a square and post a pic of that if it would help.

Archived