Invisible JAYGO

redrosesdz

Question

I figured out a technique that I'd like to share.  I've spent a lot of time researching all things crochet and never ran across this technique.  I don't know what to call it.  (If someone knows the proper name, please let me know!)

I just finished a round of bruges lace around a doily and the pattern said to fasten off, then sew the starting row and ending row together.  (I hate sewing ends together!)  Instead I combined the last row of dc with the standard jaygo.  What I came up with can be used to join any solid fabrics together.   Here's what I did ...

Chain up to start the last row.  Remove the hook from the loop.  Insert the hook in the unused strand(s) of the foundation chain. Put the loop back on the hook and draw the loop through the strand(s). Do the next stitch.  Repeat across. 

At the end of the row, the two ends were attached together.  It's very difficult to see that it's the starting and ending rows.  Plus it was super simple to do.

What I really want to know is if I invented something by taking existing techniques and combining them together.  I've never invented anything before.  LOL

3 answers to this question

Sounds cool, would love to see a pic if you have one!  

We can definitely say you "unvented" it.  Have you come across that word before?  Elizabeth Zimmerman came up with "unvented" for times when she worked out a new technique on her own but wasn't sure if anyone ever had before.  

Archived