Need help identifying this pattern

rebecca.estr

Question

6 answers to this question

These do appear to be motifs made in the round if that's what you meant by inside to outside.   First round look like DC, second round is some number of  DC, several chains, repeat 3 more times.  Subsequent rounds motifs are the same, except you join the chain loops as you make the next motif.

edit...wrong word, oops.

I see it differently. It looks to me like it was made in rows, and then the triangles and straps were added. The rows could have been done as 2 pieces, front and back, then seamed together at the sides. Or done as 1 piece with a seamless join under 1 arm. 

Either way, I can see how the X's were done. Row 1, chain 5, sc join to previous row, repeat around, for the last chain do 3 chains and join with a dc to keep your hook in the middle of the chain. Row 2, chain 5, join with an sc to the middle of the ch5, repeat around, do the dc join last. Repeat row 2 multiple times.

15 hours ago, rebecca.estr said:

Are they made separately and then attached to each other like granny squares or does it look like this top was made all in one piece, worked from bottom to top?

there may be some tricky way to make them in rows, but i don't know what that would be.  i think it would be simplest to make each separately and then incorporate them into the rows of mesh stitches.  i think it is just a simple granny's daughter (first round of a granny square) http://dishclothdiaries.blogspot.com/2009/10/grannys-daughter.html  maybe with US tr instead of dc, as the sts look rather tall.  and it has more chains at the corners, to be joined into the mesh.  

Agree, similar to grannie's daughters.  I was seeing 2 rounds initially squinting at it , but you're right it's probably 1 round; but the corner chains appear to be more chains than the normal 2 or 3.  I also can't imagine how they'd be made in a way other than separate motifs.

I edited my first post, said round and meant motif, which was misleading (sorry).

Archived