Looking for one piece bikini pattern

salabj05

Question

Hi I am having the hardes time finding a one piece High v swimsuit pattern. I have a picture of what I'm talking about but I don't think I can upload it. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ! I don't want a monokini, but is full one piece High V swimsuit pattern

4 answers to this question

Hi. Welcome to Crochetville.

I don't know what a High V swimsuit is so can you post a link to where the photo is?

OK, not a bikini (by definition is 2 piece), a 1 piece tank suit with high cut legs and a scalloped neckline. 

First, crocheted bathing suits are a bad idea unless you use a very fine yarn or thread and would need to be lined, not just for modesty but to help it keep it's shape and not sag down to your knees (even if you don't get into the water).  

The picture is of a fabric suit, not knitted or crocheted.  I searched and found crochet bikini patterns or 2 piece that calls it'self a monokini but is really a bikini with a lace tummy panel (the true monokini is bottoms only, "invented" by Rudi Gernreich in 1964), but no tank style patterns.  I even checked knitting patterns and only found very modest and very vintage ones.

edit, I just did a bit of googling on high cut 1 piece swimsuit (to purchase) and LOTS of them popped up.  This would be the way to go, unless you can sew; here is one pattern that you could modify the neckline for, there may be others but this was the closest I found on a quick look.  

The photo in the link is a body suit. What you are searching for is a High Cut bathing suit. I've never seen a crochet pattern for this style but, have seen many ready-made offered through online stores.

As Granny Square mentioned, there is a lot of stretching with crochet so, lining is a must simply to keep it's shape. Hope you find what your seeking.

Archived