Bruges lace chart help

Maiamly

Question

19 answers to this question

Numbers on a stitch diagram are either the number of chains when there are a lot (saves you squinting at little dots), or row/round numbers,, but the latter doesn't make much sense for Bruges since there'd be hundreds of 'rows' to make the tape.

Another tutorial, has the diagrams if that helps.  

http://www.beadsky.com/brugge.php

I guess my drawing they look more like dots, the 3 marks on the turning chains, the middle have a triple or double that connects the the inner ring, which also has them.

I think they are picots on the turning chains, the would be made as you are making the chains.

Then I think the ones on the inner ring are clusters (bobbles would be a better word I guess as they are probably connected in the top and bottom. )

Hass Design has a chart of symbols used in Some European patterns, is this helpful?  http://www.hassdesign.com/StitchLegend/

If not, you could sketch the mystery symbol, and post your sketch of it here.  Maybe one of us would recognize the symbol.  

The one I am doing has no text, but it looks the same as the other images in Russian. They look to be black and white photo copies from a book. It just has a graph with a few numbers in various places. The numbers don't make since to me. The graph is also done in solid lines. No indication of how many turning chains to make, or connecting chains. It also has what looks like solid ovals in some places, but they don't have a clear diagram of what they connect to so they look like picot stitches but there is no way they can be in that placement. Unless there is a technique I am unaware of, they are on the turning chains of the lace tape.

I would appreciate it. I wasn't aware that most of the images on pinterest are "stolen." I can follow charts pretty well, except the one I am working on now. And, it's my first attempt at bruges. Some of the numbering I question and there is a symbol used that I don't understand. I have been working on this particular piece for HOURS.

Hi again! So OK, Bruges is a really interesting looking stitch pattern.  It uses the standard stitches of dc, ch, etc to make intricate patterns.  There are several good books on the subject, or crochet references that talk about it as well as other kinds of techniques.  it's one of those things that often looks harder to do than it actually is.  I am going to look for an online pattern that we can discuss.  I will come back and post again shortly :waving

Archived