Angelica Gandee

Question

Hi everyone,

So I am making a blanket for my baby that is arriving soon. I found this beautiful pattern that's not too bad for me being a somewhat beginner and all. The only problem is the pattern uses two different color yarns. I only want to use one color yarn. So, instead of slip stitching the new yarn; 

2nd rnd: With B, sl st in each of first 2 sts. Sl st in next ch-1 sp. Ch 3. 2 dc in same ch-1 sp as sl st. (Ch 1. 3 dc in next ch-1 sp) 5 times. Ch 1. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in each of next 2 ch-3 sps. (Ch 1. 3 dc in next ch-1 sp) 6 times. Ch 1. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in each of next 2 ch-3 sps. Ch 1. Join A with sl st to top of ch 3.

How do I continue with the pattern without adding another yarn. Still learning the language. Thank you for taking the time to help everyone.  :sweat post-78726-0-94859300-1479184200_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the Ville!

What exactly does it say at the end of round 1?

Also what is the name and location of the pattern?

With A, ch 27. Foundation rnd: (RS). 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook. (Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch. 3 dc in next ch) 5 times. Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch [(3 dc. Ch 3) twice. 3 dc] in last ch. Working into opposite side of ch, (Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch. 3 dc in next ch) 5 times. Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch. (3 dc. Ch 3) twice in last ch. Join B with sl st to top of ch 3.

Sorry about the delay. 

With A, ch 27. Foundation rnd: (RS). 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook. (Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch. 3 dc in next ch) 5 times. Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch [(3 dc. Ch 3) twice. 3 dc] in last ch. Working into opposite side of ch, (Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch. 3 dc in next ch) 5 times. Ch 1. Miss next 3 ch. (3 dc. Ch 3) twice in last ch. Join B with sl st to top of ch 3.

Sorry about the delay. 

this sounds like you are to just drop A and start working with B.  So if that's right, then just continue to use A and follow what it says to do with B.  

Hiya, If Im not mistaken this looks to be a simple granny square turned blanket right? I've encountered the same problem while trying to make a granny square blanket, my simple fix to continue the way you want is as listed below:

• Continuing with your chosen yarn, join to the starting chain 3 with a slip stitch
  • Chain 4
  • 3 double crochet in next chain 1 space
  • Work pattern as normal until you reach the last chain 1 space in the row
  • Work 2 double crochets into the chain 1 space
  • Join to chain 4 with a slip stitch (the chain 4 makes both the third dc in the space as well as the chain 1 for the following space if that makes sense)
  • Chain 3, 2 double crochet in same chain 4 space
  • Again work as normal until end of row then jump back to my first step

Hope this helps!

-Angel

Archived