crochet group at nursing home

tanner_mady_mom

Hello all

I am starting a crochet group at the nursing home where my grandma is living. If any of you have extra yarn or crochet hooks that you no longer are using and would like to donate to this cause please pm me or contact me here. My grandma is so excited and the ladies are taking about it. It will give the activity director something that is offered and she won't have to pick up something else on her plate. We are going to meet in the mornings a couple times a week. I am so excited to be able to crochet with these ladies and get some insight on patterns and things that they have made before. Great learning experience.

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

GREAT idea for a new activity for the ladies!! My mother in law is in a nursing home and crocheted up until she was 90 (she's 93); but now she has trouble with even the #10 thread. She really enjoyed doilies and I have some wonderful pieces that she made! She often comments that she really misses it.

I've been donating yarn to the Retirement Home where I used to work for years! The ladies often make afghans etc. to sell or raffle off. They donate the proceeds to various charities. :rose

Archived