75th Birthday Graph Ghan

Tampa Doll

I am so jealous.I wish I could change colors like that. Is that hard to do?

Not really hard but a pain in the rear, but I am still working on my very first Graphghan. I wasn't going to do bobbins to begin with but it really does make a LOT more ends to weave in and I decided that I would rather work with the bobbins than 500 million ends.

Mary Jo is amazing with hers. She is a huge inspiration to me!

It takes me about an hour a row on the one I am working on and I figured if I could do 5 rows a day, I could have it done in 30 days. HOWEVER, I only have about 30 rows complete and I am going on two months now. Between work and housekeeping, I have trouble finding the time to even get 1 to 2 rows in a week! BAH!

I really enjoy watching the pattern begin to show. Mary Jo, what is your favorite part about crocheting a graphghan?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got a call from my BIL.  He loves the afghan and the dog.  The afghan is now draped over his chair and the dog is next to it.  He said it was the perfect gift.

I can now relax and take a deep breath.  His birthday is Sunday, so I wanted to make sure he got it on time.  Rather get it early than late.

Archived