Enterlac message boards?

Mattteri

Question

Good morning!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any community boards, or message boards with Entrelac topics?

Finally taught myself how to do this technique, and wanted to find out more information about it.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I just finished an entrelac baby blanket.  I've only done one, but learned a lot from it. 

Are you doing rows or rounds?  I wanted squares, instead of diamonds, so I did a combo of the 2.  I also wanted all of my bars facing the same way.  So, I started with 1 square in the bottom left corner.  Then I attached 2 squares, then 3, etc.  After I got to the height & width that I wanted, I started decreasing the number of squares, until I ended with 1 square in the top right corner.

I can tell you that I found it extremely monotonous, partly because I was doing 12x12 squares.  It was easy to lose count and I spent a lot of time frogging to make sure I had 12 stitches across (+2 on each side for attaching.)

This is the site that I relied on the most.  His videos are really good.

http://thecrochetcrowd.com/entrelac/

Entrelac is a subset of Tunisian crochet.  You can do a lot of things doing Tunisian stitches and entrelac is just one of them.  It is basically a way on continuously connecting diamonds/squares to form what looks like a woven fabric.  It's been done in knitting for a very long time.  Someone then figured out how to do it using Tunisian simple stitches.

Try googling Tunisian entrelac and you'll see all kinds of wonderful things made with the fabric, although blankets are the most common projects.

Archived