Quick 'N Easy Crocheting

katskradle

I really hope someone can help me out as I've searched all over the internet and can't find anything. I found this publication at a second-hand book store, it is a binder full of cards with crochet patterns and came out in 1985 published by Marshall-Cavendish. From the little information I've found, the cards were obtained through a subscription service and the binder was purchased separately to store them in. There are dividers for different subjects of patterns, and each one has a deck of cards with deck numbers on the back of each card. I can tell there are some missing in mine because there are gaps in the numbers, but I have no idea what number the decks went up to, or how many dividers/subjects there are actually supposed to be (I have 18 in mine). I've seen mention of the full set being big enough to fill 2 or 3 binders, but I have never found any definitive information on the set's complete contents. If anybody is familar with this publication I would really appreciate any information you could share, as I would like to try to figure out what Im missing and hopefully find what I need in thrift shops, yard sales, or ebay. It really is a nice set, if a little outdated. Thanks so much!

post-69203-0-55409200-1428957392_thumb.jpg

Edited by katskradle
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

There may not be easy answers to your questions.

However, this does look like the logo from Quick & Easy Crochet magazine.  I have some of their old magazines.  It looks like there is a FB page for an online magazine with the same name.  I don't belong so I can't access the page just see that is the two are the same magazine. 

My suggestion might be to start researching the magazine and see if anyone has any information about this binder.  The more information you have about it, the more likely someone remembers it and perhaps even has a copy of it to give you an idea of what it is you are looking to find.  You may want to post on other crochet boards as well to see if anyone else has more information.  They may also be able to give you any current information about the original publisher to see if they can tell you something about the publication.  This is the listing on Ravelry for the book that gives you more info on the patterns in it.

Another possibility is if you see a listing to ask a question of the seller.  Some will provide additional information others will not about what is included in the sale.  That would give you more info than you currently possess about the product.

This one is listed at Abe books with 10 dividers.  You could ask the seller for more info

https://www.abebooks.com/book-search/title/quick'n-easy-crocheting/

It appears it was published under different publishers one set being smaller than the other, but the point is you are interested you have the ability to get more information by searching with the specific information for the set you want.  I blindly searched based on basic facts and found leads.  You have more specific information you have the ability to find more leads if you are really interested in finding it.

Edited by Bailey4

Don't you think I've done all that already? I'm not going to post on a forum like this without doing as much possible research myself first. I have contacted many sellers and even commented at other commenters on sellers sites, tried contacting people on a blog I found about this set, posted on tons of other craft and crochet sites/forums, hunted for the publisher, posted several videos on my youtube, even tried crap like yahoo answers. I did everything you could possibly think of over several years. Nobody has ever responded to me. The responses here are the first.

11 hours ago, katskradle said:

Don't you think I've done all that already? I'm not going to post on a forum like this without doing as much possible research myself first. I have contacted many sellers and even commented at other commenters on sellers sites, tried contacting people on a blog I found about this set, posted on tons of other craft and crochet sites/forums, hunted for the publisher, posted several videos on my youtube, even tried crap like yahoo answers. I did everything you could possibly think of over several years. Nobody has ever responded to me. The responses here are the first.

Sounds very frustrating.  People are just trying to be helpful and mentioning anything they can think of in order to find the answers you want.  We had no way of knowing what all you had tried until you told us in this post.  We get a lot of people that come here requesting things that a Google search brings up the answer.  We get people that purchase patterns, find they need help and request help here never thinking to contact the pattern designer.  

• Like 1