san antonio-where to buy yarn?

neenas3

ok, i'm going to be visiting my mom in san antonio, where i actually grew up, but i haven't lived there in about 10 years. besides the yarn barn, what other shops should i just not miss?

ok, i am back. i had a great time at the yarn barn of san antonio. they are really nice, and have just as much crochet stuff as knitting stuff:cheer

lots of pattern books, and rosewood hooks in stock too.

dont miss it!!!

I went there today! Lots of yarn, needlework supplies, etc. Mostly knitting book and things, but the yarns were wonderful. I've never seen so many different colors and styles. The address is 4300 McCullough @ Olmos. I recommed a visit.

I have been to the Yarn Barn many times and loved it when I used to live there 3 different times over 13 years on-off moved there 3 times but the last time was enough for me ---way to many cars now and to many highways that are 3 floors up in the air is just to scary for me. I drive around those to avoid those highways in the air. LOl. If we do decide to move back to Texas it will be NE of Texas. We miss San Antonio and the food but we don't miss the horrible roads and traffic there. Be nice if it was like it was back in the mid 1980's!

Did you know that San Antonio is now bigger than Dallas??? They announced it on the news last year when we was living there 2004-2004 on the west side near Lackland Air Force base. It was much smaller than Dallas in the mid 1980's. We was there 10 months and moved back to Ky my mom got down and dad needed us.

We miss terrbiley Taco Cabanna and Rudy's Restraunts we still crave their food to this day here in KY. Such excellent food. Also HEB has the best salsa I have ever bought in my life~~~its made by HEB. when we was there last may visiting our son & daughter in law we bought 30 jars of HEB salsa... the cash register lady ask if we was having a party we said "no, its going back home with us to KY". she laughed:haha

As for yarn,,,,Yarn Barn,, town is loaded with Hobby Lobbys there are 6 now maybe 7 can't remember right now. Michaels are also everywhere think there is 5 or 6 now. also Wal-marts those are also everywhere. About 10-15 or so Wal-marts in San Antonio. Some are super stores and some are the old ones. Sometimes Tuesday Morning has yarn but not always. Joanns fabric and Hancocks fabric stores also has yarn..........

Have fun and enjoy the weather! and the food~~~

and most of all keep your eyes :eek :-) on the roads and be careful driving is crazy there now :eek :eek :eek :eek

You are so right about the traffic. My husband drives when we are here. Yesterday there were 3 really bad accidents and about 5 people died in them!!

We went to Rudy's for the first time on Sunday. It was great BBQ. Don't like Mexican food though. We really love Zeo's and Little Red Barn.

We leave tomorrow, but we come back every 6 months for my husband's work.

Archived