question about spaces

creativeK

Question

7 answers to this question

"Dc in tr spaces" seems pretty vague to me. What pattern is this?

The Stitchdiva site has tutorials, one is titled places to insert the hook, take a look at that.

Under An Hour Cowl

http://completecaptivation.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-very-first-crochet-pattern.html

Admin Note from Amy: I've had to remove the pattern instructions, as it's copyright infringement to post them here without permission from the designer. If anyone would like to help the original poster, please click the link above and view the pattern on the designer's website. Thanks!

it would be better notation if she said to work between tr stitches. 

It is difficult to know how people will understand notation - I am challenged all the time by how to say something. :think

I do have to say, that on a facebook page that I belong to................I have seen some really badly written patterns, because of people asking for help. Like 'sc 6. 2sc,. (45)sts'. That is the whole instructions of the row. I worked out that it meant '*sc in each of the next 6 sts, 2sc in next stitch* repeat from * to * all across.(45sts).

I do have to say, that on a facebook page that I belong to................I have seen some really badly written patterns, because of people asking for help. Like 'sc 6. 2sc,. (45)sts'. That is the whole instructions of the row. I worked out that it meant '*sc in each of the next 6 sts, 2sc in next stitch* repeat from * to * all across.(45sts).

Compared to some of them when I started in the 40's that's not too bad, as  a lot of them were written with only basic directions. We were expected to know the basics and for a lot we had to use our imagination and the picture.

Archived