moonrhythm

doily tree for window question

Question

I've recently finished making numerous little doilies and want to place them in my window as a holiday tree. My husband purchased a spray adhesive and since it is permanent, I don't want to use it. Any suggestions on how I can get this in the window?

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/483996291178817575/

post-197-0-36771200-1418061702_thumb.jpg

Edited by moonrhythm

3 answers to this question

That is SO pretty! I love it esp the little birds!

Would double sided tape work?

• Like 1

You could buy some felt yardage and tack (sew) to a tree-shaped felt piece.  (I just am not a use-glue-on-fabric-or-thread person) You could add beads or sequins around for a little sparkle.

You could sew them together where they touch,starch them stiff with white glue/water, squeeze thoroughly and try to lay out flat before it dries, but that last part may be a challenge.

I know you can buy thick sheets of plastic at the hardware store, I'm no sure if they sell it thin enough for you to cut to size or tree shape and remain flat.  

Thank you both for the suggestions. I might try the double sided tape, as I want it to be seen from both the inside and out of window. I thought about sewing them together but I am feeling way too lazy! I have already starched them tho, but wanted to do that no matter what.