I Need Expert Opinions on a Wheel!!!

Hooker

Vintage Saxony Wheel

I know I'm risking having this bought out from under me if it is something you spinners have positive comments about. There are two reasons I'm interested:

1. The price

2. My husband is currently in the Netherlands and could possibly pick it up and check it with his baggage to bring it home, saving on shipping and possibly giving me a fantastic deal.

Nobody has anything to say on this? My husband is actually saying yes to getting one (and possibly shipping it - he doesn't know if he would have enough time to go through customs). But I have no idea if this is a good idea or not.

I did ask some more specifics about the wheel, so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

Have you heard anything back about it? I don't know anything about it, but if it was once functional, wheels are pretty easy to get working again. If it's in good shape (seems to be, but it's hard to know with ebay), it might be a good deal (depending on how high the bidding goes).

Here's another one, with a little more information about the wheel (scroll down).

You might have a little difficulty finding help / parts for the wheel since it is a vintage wheel (and not something like an Ashford Traditional that has been around for a long time with few changes to structure), but usually parts can be made out of other materials and you should be okay.

Hi, i'm no expert but if its a good deal go for it, the worst that can happen is that it's not a useable wheel and its just for show. You could on sell it yourself if thats the case. Do you know anyone in your community that is a spinner or who knows of a spinning group you can contact for info? My only other suggestion would be to buy a copy of Spin off magazine and contact someone through them for advice. If you are'nt a spinner yet yourself you will need some help. You may hate the wheel or it may not suit you.:hug:cheer Jacqui an Aussie spinner.;)

I purchased one not too long ago....it is beautiful! It works..I am just not good at it....actually looking to see if anyone can steer me to someone in New Jersey that gives spinning lessons?

where in Jersey are you? I know of at least one spinner in NJ and she might know of a spinning guild in the area who can help you out. The guilds are your best bet.

Archived