Need colors used for Detroit Lions Blue color yarn in place of Honolulu Blue

Kimsattic

Question

I know a lot of you have crocheted NFL team items. Can someone please help me with a replacement yarn color close to Honolulu Blue for Detroit Lions please? The Detroit Blue is too dark.

Can someone tell me the brand and color they used for their lions projects please? Thank you.

I have been paid to do two hats and have already bought the other colors. I cannot find a blue to match the team blue.

On a deadline, and would hate to have to give the money back when I already purchased the other colors.

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

How about the Vanna White Choice color Aqua. 

Acturally the one you do not like, is actually the color for the Lions.  They say light blue, but when you look at the shirts, hats and stuff, they are darker then the light blue.

What type of yarn are you wanting to use?  Acrylic, wool, a blend?  What weight?  

I would prefer to use a worsted weight Red Heart Super Saver or Bernat brand yarn.

I would have said Navy at first, but after looking at the uniform colors, I'm inclined to say RH Delft Blue.  Good Luck!!!

I would have said Navy at first, but after looking at the uniform colors, I'm inclined to say RH Delft Blue.  Good Luck!!!

Delf Blue is what I was thinking came close, but wanted another opinion. Thank you.

I read that you've already ordered your yarn but I'll give you a tip anyway that may help in the future.

The NFL team colors are custom and copyrighted to the teams and difficult to match as you've already discovered.

My SIL is a diehard native born, Ohio Lion's fan and a few years ago I made him a afghan. I compared so many colors of blue yarn to a team fleece fabric at a JoAnn and a Michael's store just to find the closest color. It worked and he loves the blanket still.

Archived