Looking for a free pattern to make as a gift for a friend

A friend of mine has a birthday on Monday (8/25) and she likes amigurumi toys. So I wanted to make her something just spur of the moment thought. I'm looking for any sites (already checked craftsy.com and didn't really like my choices) with free patterns of pandas, killer whales, whales, puffins, otters, beavers, badgers, unicorns, yeti or weird dolls. If anyone knows any other sites I can download a PDF pattern from, or if you have a pattern of your own making and wouldn't mind me giving the finished product as a gift, I'd be so grateful and I will definitely tell her where I got the pattern from. Thank you so much!

Have you looked on ravelry? You can narrow down your search by clicking the boxes on the left, for ex: crochet or knitting, free, yarn size, etc.

Here are the panda results, which include hats and other types of projects as well as amigurumi:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&view=captioned_thumbs&query=panda&availability=free&sort=best

If you aren't a member, it's free to sign up.

Glad you found something,.  For future looking there is Crochet Patttern Central and Crochet Bonanza.  Also, Crochet at Play.  This site lets you write in what you are looking for, so you don't have to wade through everything.

Archived