Does anyone know what these are for?

Niccir

Question

Hi! My friend ordered a stitch holder kit online and these little plastic circle came with it but we have no idea what they are used for? I thought that they may be some sort of stitch holder but they are continuous circle so once they're on there's no way of getting them off. There are 2 circles which are made of plastic and are faceted with another two slightly smaller circle/hoops that are just plain. There were only 4 in the pack. Any ideas? It's baffling us! (Sorry, I do have a picture of them but I can't figure out how to upload it in my phone). Thanks in advance x

9 answers to this question

They are a little large, but they could be for knitting.  When you need to separate stitches for knitting, you usually put a circle on you needle before the next stitch. This is just a guess.

Since she ordered a set of stitch markers, I agree these must be for knitting needles but they are huge.  I knit, but I tie a bit of yarn around the needle for markers; I didn't know they made them so rings interlocked

http://www.knitpicks.com/accessories/Knitting_Stitch_Markers__D80591.html?gclid=CPilqdaX9b8CFQuCaQodWUcAWQ

Thank you everyone. She bought the kit off eBay and it came with the little plastic safety pin stitch markers, we thought they may be some sort of marker but we were confused how to get them off your work once you've finished! If they stay on your hook or needle then I suppose that makes sense! :-)

if the kit was not supposed to include knitting stitch markers, then maybe the rings are intended to be crocheted over to start a circular piece .  you could also use them to make buttons.  

Archived