Round Ripple Blanket Help Needed

Jayashiangel

Question

I am doing this round ripple and some how it doesn't look RIGHT closest to the beginning/end area...Like it's missing a extra point there should be 12 as well as there is no more space for 12  or it doesn't blend well like something is just not  right over there ..( I added 2 black dots in the photo so show the area..I didn't notice it until I laid it out to view/photo as I am working on it.......

Any ideas I already stitched the ends in on the first green and pink round so I will have to use as a cat pad but I really need to get this pattern RIGHT I need to learn how to do this and get this blanket done baby is due in less then 15 days

post-35509-0-32259300-1405518766_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I hate to say this, but you are going to have to rip most of this out.  Your inner pink circle appears to be OK, but you've clearly gone wrong at the start of the green ring.  

Count the stitches that you have, and are supposed to have, at the end of the inner pink round.  And keep counting, each round - make sure that each peak and valley have the right amount of stitches.  You have errors in other areas than the one marked, I'm afraid.

Ripples are easy, except you do need to keep counting your stitches - it's so easy to drift off as you have if you don't.  Sorry!

Thanks Granny Square w/ my DD help we figured out today I can't read and crochet at work (while at work) LOL.....I skipped a very important step in the very beginning.. Some how I missed the whole step in Round 3 and just joined when I got to the end... and then in Round 4 I started off wrong...

Round 3: Chain 2, *skip next dc, work (dc, Chain 2, dc) in next dc. Repeat from * around, ending with dc in base of beginning stitch, Chain 2, join with slip stitch in top of ch2 from beginning. (this gives you the 12 POINTS)

Round 4: Slip stitch into Chain 2 space, work (Chain 2, DC, Chain 2, 2 dc) in Chain 2 space, * work large shell in next Chain 2 space, repeat from * around. Join.

I've made similar mistakes when not counting the stitches. Thankfully not that many rows, but it was no fun frogging the mistakes! Good luck...you'll get it. RRs are now my favorite go-to baby blanket!

Still can't seem to get this working right....when I do round 5 a gap at the end that is created between the (chain 2 in the beginning and the ending instructions of DC then Large Shell then DC at the end ===join into the top of chain 2 it creates a gap/space ....

I have attached a new picture----->

post-35509-0-55186300-1405556315_thumb.jpg

Jay, I'll take a look at this later today when I have a minute and get back to you unless someone else does first. I know how frustrated you must feel!

I turn my RRs every round.  You don't really have that problem with you do.  I also sl st further up than just where it'll join.  That puts the joining stitch in the middle of the valley instead of in the very bottom.

Archived