Disappointed in My Latest Red Heart Super Saver Purchase

yarnjeannie

Question

I purchased some Red Heart Super Saver (which is my go-to yarn for charity afghans) in order to make a colorful rainbow afghan.  The pattern calls for working in the back loop only throughout.  I started with purple and before I had three rows completed, I frogged it.  The yarn separates and splits so much that I'm going to use it for a pattern requiring inserting the hook through both loops.  The remaining loop when working in the back loop shows the loose separated strands too much and makes the afghan look damaged.  I'm really disappointed.  I have been working with Caron One Pound skeins for most of my charity 'ghans lately and haven't bought Red Heart in a while. 

Did I get a bad skein or has something happened to Red Heart's quality?

3 answers to this question

Did you buy it in a store, or online?  If you bought it in a store, I would return it and get a new skein.  They should take it back.  I haven't used Red Heart in years, as my skin is super sensitive and super saver is too hard on my hands, but I do know lots of people use it and I haven't seen this complaint recently.

If possible, return it to the store as suggested in previous posts. If for some reason you cannot return it, contact Red Heart and they should make it good.

Archived