octagins looking to big

crochetlady2012

Question

Good morning!

I need to know what to do. I have already made 2 octagons & they look way to big. The yarn was wrapped a little to litttle to tightly so I need to know if dor the octagons should I redo them? I don't want this project to turn out looking horrible. Please help me!

9 answers to this question

I was making a WEDDING RING Quilt that is from redheart.com. It calls for TLC & I was using Redheart 4-ply yarn. It doesn't really give an measurements for each of the pieces. I think the ball of yarn that I was using might have been rolled into a ball to tightly. I have just put this project away (frogged) it & am now working on a Corner to Corner blanket for our 4 almost 5 year old son.

What pattern are you making? What yarn does it call for and what yarn are you using? What info does the pattern give about measurements? Why do you think the octagons are too big?

That is a gorgeous pattern, I had never seen it before. I just saved it. It says this for the gauge:

Color Band: 7 sts = 3”; 14 rows = 4” in pat.

Octagon: Rnds 1-4 = 6”

Eyes: Rnds 1- 5 = 9” (point to point)

Center: Rnds 1-5 = 6”

I was making a WEDDING RING Quilt that is from redheart.com. It calls for TLC & I was using Redheart 4-ply yarn. It doesn't really give an measurements for each of the pieces. I think the ball of yarn that I was using might have been rolled into a ball to tightly. I have just put this project away (frogged) it & am now working on a Corner to Corner blanket for our 4 almost 5 year old son.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/wedding-ring-quilt

Honestly it looks to me like it would be challenging to get all those odd shaped pieces to fit together right and lay nice and flat.  

re the yarn being wound too tight, do you mean it seems stretched?  That can definitely happen.  

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/wedding-ring-quilt

Honestly it looks to me like it would be challenging to get all those odd shaped pieces to fit together right and lay nice and flat.  

re the yarn being wound too tight, do you mean it seems stretched?  That can definitely happen.  

The yarn looks like it could be 2 or 3-ply yarn but I already know it is 4-ply I have moved on to another project already.

Archived