Scarlet and light gray yarn for Ohio State Buckeye blanket

breeze530

I want to make a simple blanket for my wonderful brother-in-law. LB Vanna's Choice has a Scarlet, but I've never seen it. Has anyone else? I'd like to stay with reasonably priced yarn like Vanna's, Pound of Love, I Love This Yarn, etc. The gray looks very light in color. Any ideas there?

Do any of you know if another color is also used in throws or blankets? Any help would be appreciated.

Katyallen,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think the OSU gray is actually very light. At least it looks like it in the pics. Maybe the silvery gray would be better. I'm wondering if Cherry Red is close enough to the scarlet.

Bev

Cherry red is not close enough.  I had to use that for my daughter when she was little.

I'm pretty sure that Red Heart Super Saver has an actual scarlet.

Thanks. I looked on the RH site and it looks like they may have dropped it. I did find it in Vanna's Choice. It helped to put the color in Google images. I didn't realize scarlet was on the orange side. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at the OSU jerseys online, I think Red Heart Soft Touch Light Gray Heather  and Really Red  would work nicely.

Your BIL is very lucky to have such a thoughtful SIL. : )

Thanks Reni. Well my DBIL and my DS have done alot for me. The least I can do is keep them in the crocheted slippers they love so much and a blanket now and then.

I ended up buying ILTY in Light Gray and Vanna's Choice in Scarlet. They are perfect.

Archived