Red Heart's Yule Tree Throw

Bailey4

Question

I'm working on the Yule Tree Throw free pattern from Red Heart's 12 Weeks of Christmas.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/yule-tree-throw-pillow

I'm trying to figure out the 2/2 Back Cross Stitch Directions 2 Over 2 Back Cross

The directions have you skip the next 2 stitches, FPTR around each of the next 2 stitches, working behind the 2 stitches just made FPTR around each of the two skipped stitches.

I've found videos that show single cross stich patterns with regular double crochets.  However, I've found nothing that shows skipping two spaces and going back.  With the added challenge of the FP I'm confused as to how to move forward without making a huge knot.  One of my challenges is working from behind the stitch and creating a front post stitch. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2 answers to this question

This page has a way to do the cable. It goes over 6 stitches and you  use less but it's the same way.

It's hard to understand at first but gets easier the more you look at it. 

cable

The about.com site is a good one for cables, I think if you poke around the site there's instructions for smaller cables too, but as Sarisue said it's the same concept.

If you are googling videos, try looking for 4 stitch cables in crochet--that sounds similar to what you are doing, crossing 2 stitches over or under another 2 stitches.  It will 'sort of' look like a knot; one thing that helps is to keep the stitches that are crossing a little loose.

Archived