Help with a color Rose Violet?

isillyme

Question

I am making a Rose Garden Afghan that is using Caron Simply Soft yarn, I am having trouble finding rose Violet.  The other colors to this is Plum Wine, Dark Sage and Sage.  I would like to find a color that will compliment the color scheme.  I have no idea how to post a picture on here.  This afghan will be for my mom and her middle name is Rose so I thought the theme would be most fitting.  I need to make 158 mini granny squares with the Rose Violet, and I am at a lost. 

7 answers to this question

It doesn't look like they're making it any more, it was a 'Simply Soft Brights' yarn and that whole series isn't on their website any longer. 

http://www.yarnspirations.com/yarns/simply-soft

Plum Wine is still a current color, maybe you could pick another color that would coordinate - maybe soft pink?

I actually bought the soft pink... but that looks really light.  I thought maybe a red color perhaps to blend in with the color sceme.  I will have to go back to michaels and try to compare them, hopefully it will look like it blends in ok. I really want this afghan to look great. 

Make sure you take the yarn to the front window or outside if they'll let you.  (I ask and they've never told me no.)  This way you can see the colors in sunlight.  The florescent lights in the store make a difference.

I decided to go with the Rose Pink.  Too me its a little to light, but when compared with the other colors it seems to blend in much better. I will post the picture of my afghan as soon as I can figure out how to in here.  Thanks so much for the help

If you're still interested, Royal Yarns Intl has this color. Looks like they are located in Maryland. I've never ordered from them and came across the site looking for something else.

Ravelry's Stash section has pics of this particular yarn/color so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

You're welcome. Hope it works out perfect.

Thank you for the link.  I will place the order.  I have been all over the place looking for that color. 

Archived