Looking for directions or pattern

Auntboris35

Question

Hi, Everyone!!  I hope I'm putting this request in the right place, if not please forgive me.  I'm trying to find directions on how to start this pattern stitch: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39648301@N02/3699233093/in/photostream/

I'm not new to crochet, but I don't understand how to start this and I know I've seen something like this growing up.  I'm hoping someone might know what the stitch or pattern is actually called or is able to point me in the direction of a printed pattern for it. I've been searching, and coming up with lots of other things, but not directions for this. Is it a puff stitch or something else?

Thanks to all. I hope everyone is having a good evening. :)

LORI

8 answers to this question

Hi. thanks for the quick response. I did read the comments, but I'm just not understanding her directions and she wasn't certain exactly how she started it.  I was hoping that I could find better directions or the name of this pattern.  I'm certain I saw this when I was younger and that a pattern exixts somewhere that I could follow better.

Thank you, though. :)

Thank you. I knew I wasn't the only one who didn't get it.  ;)  Hopefully, someone will know of a video or pattern for it that is better explained. I really want to make this. I've spent the better part of two days searching for it with no luck. :(

Ironically, I was just this afternoon looking at the set of photos for this pattern. I read towards the end of her Comments list that she starts with a ch 2 then makes a puff stitch starting in the 2nd ch from the hook and in the "eye" of the top of each puff st.

This same stitch pattern was referred to me quite some time ago via a Russian blog but I just could not grasp it from just photos since I do not read/speak Russian.

Thanks for the reply.  I can't figure it out from what she says in her directions.  I've read them and tried them and it's just not working for me. Do you have the link to the Russian site that you saw this on? Maybe those pictures and Google translate would be helpful to me? I can only hope. 

Sorry I don't save or really use Russian websites because of the SPAM problems that come from them. However, seeking another stitch this morning, I came across a tutorial on Ravelry for this stitch. The author has called it Jasmine Stitch and also referred to it as a Star Stitch. It is written in British/Eng terms for the free pattern if you are a member there but, can be easily changed to American/Eng terms or you can purchase the American/Eng pattern through her links.

Hope this helps.

ETA* Just found this on

:D Isn't the Internet grand?

That's it!! I've downloaded the pattern and read through it.  I think I  "get" this stitch now (finally). Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :cheer By the way, Sara Palacios, the lady on Ravelry who you linked me to, has another great pattern called Square and Ripple Blanket that I'm going to do.  My great-nephew needs a blanket and I haven't made him one yet. I think that would be perfect for him.

Now, I'm off to do the Jasmine/Star for somebody (I don't know who yet. :) ).

Thanks again!!

LORI

Archived