Filling cupcakes

Addicted2patterns

Question

I am making some crocheted halloween cupcakes. The pattern says I can use fish gravel and panty hose. I would like to know if there is something else I can use besides panty hose as I don't wear any lol. Have plenty of fish gravel but needing a different way to put them into the cupcake as the pattern states.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

How about a plastic sandwich bag?  Or a square of cloth tied off after the gravel is placed?  Or a small plastic top from a spray can?  Or if the project isn't to "holey", right in the bottom with nothing?

Can't you just stuff them with polyfiber? I think that would be easy than dealing with the gravel.

Probably forgot to mention that. Poly fiber will be used to fill up most of it, the gravel goes into the bottom to weigh it down. Then cardboard is placed and the hole closed over it.

Here is the link to the pattern.

http://www.redheart.com/search/apachesolr_search/scary%20muffins

When I use poly pellets or rice for weight, I put them in a corner of a thin, plastic sandwich bag. When it's filled enough, I cut off the excess bag, leaving just enough to fold over and tape securely. I make sure I can smush it around a bit to fill the desired area before I tape it closed. Fiberfill goes on top of it.

Archived