Finger Crochet

crochetlady2012

Question

Good Afternoon,

I have a really quick question for someone. I read somewhere on it that someone is currently finger crocheting? I need to know what in the world is this? Are there any good patterns for this? I would love to try this one day. I am currently thinking about making an afghan w/ scrap yarn that I have laying around. Any help would be awesome!

6 answers to this question

Hello :)

I found out about it, by accident, on YouTube

I don't quite use her method.  I use my index finger as my "hook" and I carry chains with my left hand instead of using my thumbs.  It seems to work just as well but I am VERY new at it.'Hope this helps.

I don't quite use her method.  I use my index finger as my "hook" and I carry chains with my left hand instead of using my thumbs.  It seems to work just as well but I am VERY new at it.'Hope this helps.

I think this is going to be a really big help, do you have any patterns that you use for this technique?

Nah.  Unfortunately, I can't read patterns.  I've just, basically, been doing as she has been- making ridges using single crochet.  The end result will, hopefully, be a lapghan :)

Much success on your new adventure   :tup

I used to "finger-crochet", but all i did was chain a long chain with the chain stitch.  I never saw anyone actually making anything substantial with finger-crocheting until now. 

I guess you probably could use some regualar patterns using your fingers instead of a hook. 

I came to the same conclusion, Granny.  I'm sure with a lot of practice it would go much faster though.  But for me anyhow, the stitches weren't nearly as uniformly shaped as they are with a hook- which turned me away more than anything else.

Archived