Need help on pattern

Liony

Question

Hi,

I'm new in crochetville :waving

I found this nice looking long bright red scarf the girl is wearing in the photo, but have no idea on what is the pattern used. Can someone tell me the type of pattern used to produce the scarf? I can't find any nearer photo of the scarf though.. :ohdear

85042737.jpg

head_img.jpg

main_imgA.jpg

4 answers to this question

These are publicity shots for an Asian Pop Star - it appears to be knit, using a textured stitch of some kind.  It also appears that the center of the scarf is wider so that one can more easily tuck under your coat for better insulation. It should easily be a machine knit and is likely a commercial product sold in a boutique type shop.  (in other words, no pattern unless  you follow her fan blogs and some devotee decided to make one.)

I agree, it looks like knit cables.

I'm not sure how the shaping works around the shoulders, but if you just wanted to improvise a straight scarf, crochet.about.com has some tutorials for cables, you could mix up different widths of cables to try to imitate the look.  Or maybe find something else with cables in it, like an aran style blanket, and use parts of the pattern.

Here's a search of some patterns for cable + scarf, not all are free but may give you some ideas

Archived