Question about doubling graph size.

MamawNaNa

Question

I want to double the size of a graph, it is a 50x50,  each block is 1 stitch. I need the actual symbol to be larger so I want to double it for my afghan.I read somewhere that in order to double it as below, is this true?  thank you very much.

It doubles the size if you do 4 sc for every square of the graph (2 sc for each square then repeat the row)...

Jeannie

6 answers to this question

The simple answer is yes,

However you may need to "make some adjustments" as you go for the edges to avoid too much pixelations.

If an edge "slants" to your right  so that you have a 4 sc stack that looks like this

B  Y

Y  Y

instead of

Y Y

Y Y

To check the curve "as you go", you will need to do the same thing you should be doing at the end of each row, 

hold your hook so that the loop still on your hook is 90 degrees, straight up above the "next stitch" with only enough tenstion to raise it - this will show you how the line should look.  When you are check your edges, it should like straight or you may have missed the stitch that should be done "in the turning chain of the previous row"

If it is still too pixelatied, you can always go back and do a little stitching along the outline of the images - Just keep your stitches a bit loose so as not to tighten on the face of the work.

Archived