Shaded Diamond Afghan

Whitney 'Kat-nip' Hughlett

Question

7 answers to this question

This video show how to do

, this should help get you started.

What a pretty afghan! Be sure to post a pic of your progress.

Couple of things that may be causing confusion.

First, if we "described" the stitch as a variation on Puff Stitch, would it help you to visualize?

Next, older nomenclature can often cause unhappy results - what size in millimeter are you using. 

- it may be that you need to go up a hook size so the work relaxes a bit instead of creating "clumps"  -

It may also be that you just need to "trust" the instructions, often times a highly textured stitch pattern will not look right until you get a few inches into the work.

Let us know how it goes

Thank you both for your help!! I have things moving along and it seems to be working out so far. Ill post a picture when I get a little bit further on the diamond. I do think it came down to being looser with my yarn and just keeping at it. the first few rows look like a mess, but now they are looking better. You two are awesome!

Looks nice! I like that bean stitch, I've never seen it before, so I learned something new with your question, too!

This looks like it is working up to be really thick, should end up to be nice and warm. You are going to have a  snuggly, warm afghan when you are finished!

Archived