Lost in pattern hell!

MichelleB

Question

7 answers to this question

In the beginning of the pattern are special abbreviations and given are special stitches. The v stitch is dc-ch2-dc. In row 2, you will be doing this stitch in some of the ch2 spaces which may contain ones of the v stitch from the prior row. Note that there are also plain ch 2's done so without doing the pattern, I can only generally say that you will be crocheting into the space of the chain 2 and not directly into either of the chains themselves. Hopefully, this will help you a little.:)

Up at the top, it tells how to make a v-stitch-"(dc, ch2, dc) all in stitch or space indicated".  That means that you make 1 dc, ch 2,1 dc all in the next ch-2 space of the row below.

I did read the v-stitch instruction and did get the (dc, ch2, dc) part. My question is for Avon Lady, you mentioned 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc all in the next ch- 2 space of the row below. I am still lost about the space of the row below part. #1Crochetfan you basically said the same thing except i get a slightly better picture in my head when you said "crocheting into the space of the chain 2 and not directly into either of the chains themselves".   I think my problem is that I am a visual learner and if I can visualize it, it is difficult for me to make the connections. Maybe I need to select another project, but I really like this one. I wish there was a forum where video of this could be sent to me.

I did read the v-stitch instruction and did get the (dc, ch2, dc) part. My question is for Avon Lady, you mentioned 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc all in the next ch- 2 space of the row below. I am still lost about the space of the row below part. #1Crochetfan you basically said the same thing except i get a slightly better picture in my head when you said "crocheting into the space of the chain 2 and not directly into either of the chains themselves".   I think my problem is that I am a visual learner and if I can visualize it, it is difficult for me to make the connections. Maybe I need to select another project, but I really like this one. I wish there was a forum where video of this could be sent to me.

The "space" is actually the "chain 2" "loop" in the stitch in the row below.   You make the v-stitch in that loop.  Does that help?  Sometimes I'm like you--I need to see it being done!

I think part of the confusion may just be standard pattern writing.  When you are told to create a ch2 the pattern simply says ch2.

When it tells you to work into the space that the ch2 makes is written with a dash (ch-2 sp).  It almost looks like minus 2. 

Archived