LB Romantic Bolero help

terrybb

Question

I'm TRYING to make the Lion Brand Glitterspun Romantic Bolero without pearls and can't get past the first 6 rows. Row 2 says to set up increases at 4 corners and center back but I don't have 4 corners. Help!

13 answers to this question

I tried this one a long time ago and had terrible problems. I think the pattern is poorly written and is either missing some instructions or just plain wrong in some places. I don't remember exactly what the problems were though.

Aha! :blush Trying to respond to your reply I read the pattern again and realized the V corner IS a corner. I was thinking of a right angle corner like on a street. I reworked it and advanced all the way to row 3.

Thanks

terrybb

As I read it all sizes follow the pattern up to row 11. Row 12 & 13 are only for size large on the yoke. Then again, on the body add rows 19-20 only for large.

The directions in the brackets are repeats.

terrybb

I've been trying to crochet this one too, and also the other Lion brand bolero both patterns bad. I can't get past row 5 on the glitterspun pattern, the pattern certainly is badly written and wrong but I can't "see" what the writer meant to say. Has anyone got any further? What did you do? please help.

For me the key was to mark the "Corners" with stitch markers. Then, as I continued the pattern I could see where to put the right stitches and how the pattern turned the corners. It was a process, not an event.

terrybb

:clap Last night I dreamed about making old fashioned matinee jackets for my nephew, who is now 23. When i got up this morning I picked up my crocheting frogged it back and after many tries got it:clap . The yoke of this is the same as a matinee jacket only much bigger and the increasing is exactly the same.

Thank-you to everyone who offered help. Perhaps my dream will help anyone else who is struggling with this, although you are probably all to young to have made babies' matinee jackets.

gellybaby9

That's sort of what happened to me. I frogged and frogged and thought and tried and eventually it just clicked. Good for you. Can you post a picture?

What's a matinee jacket?terrybb

a matinee jacket was a woolly usually yoked jacket for babies that was a little longer than a jacket would be these days usually came well down to the hips. Crocheted ones usually, but not always, had a yoke made with USA double crochet = uk treble or

USA single crochet = UK double crochet in which increases, were made like this bolero, the yoke was then joined with a joining row like this bolero. gellybaby9

:think Matinee means morning so maybe these jackets were worn only in the morning.

Could be, but, even I am not old enough to remember if that is so.

I did make matinee jackets for my children and they usually had a round or square yoke and sort of flared out at the bottom. Fitted over whatever they were wearing.

Have fun.

Colleen,:hug

Archived