Edgerydoo?

ExRea

Question

Does anyone have any experience using the edgerdoo with leather?  I want to make a leather case for my Jimbo hooks...I think a leather one would protect the wooden hooks better than a cloth one.

2 answers to this question

Not really, but I would use a soft leather.  You could also use it to mark the holes with a pen and then go around with a leather punch to make the holes.  I just don't think the awl that comes with it would go through leather that is too thick.    You might contact Marleen and ask her.  She is a ville member.

You might want to spend some time poking around the Tandy Leather catalog - there are many helpful ideas, supplies and gadgets that may make our project much easier. - Although I would probably opt for a padded/quilted insert into a some sort of zipper case

You might also wnat to look at the travel accessories for necklaces - most anywhere that also sells luggage.

I did, once, in a moment of insanity, make a peyote stitch cover for a tooth brush case for a friend to keep a carved hook. 

There are many excellent "roll" cases for shorter 7-9 inch knitting needles that might work well

just a few more possibiities

Archived