Ruffle

Corymomma

Question

I'm working on a "round sun-like" pattern...due to a bit of insanity I began with one hook then dropped down a hook size. Thinking I could compensate by adding a stitch, I did...now things are beginning to ruffle...

so my question is, without ripping out everything is there a way to make it stop? It's not bad and I almost like the fluffy of it...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks :)

5 answers to this question

Are you making a a flat round something or other, like a pot holder?  In that case I would imagine that the center would be puffing up a bit if you ar using a smaller hook.  However, it might help if you could show a picture of what you are making so we can offer advice on how to possibly fix it.  

One hook size shouldn't make that much of a difference.  Circles usually ruffle because there's too many stitches.  You could try a round without any increases, lay it out flat and wait a little bit for the yarn to shrink back in on itself and see if that helped.

When crocheting a flat round item with single crochets, you generally increase 6 stitches evenly around.  Perhaps you are making too many increases and that would cause ruffling.  Are you following a special pattern?

Archived