Please help identify this pattern..

Pattyanne

Question

4 answers to this question

Looks like you've got the makings of a family heirloom here, what a wonderful find!

My Mother had a tablecloth made of linen squares with crocheted panels similar to these,  perhaps the scalloped piece is the border, just an idea, as it looks so much like what I grew up with. I seem to remember her saying the six linen squares may have been napkins.

You can probably figure out the pattern just by carefully studying the finished pieces. What a fun project to get the family involved in!

Thank you so much for your input. I was thinking that it could be a tablecloth as well. She still seems to think that it could be a bed spread as she only found 3 of the scalloped sides. I will definitely post more when she starts the project

If she's not done filet before, have her check out this site. http://www.smartcrochet.com/lesson1.shtml  This is page 1 of several pages of very clear instructions of how to construct filet.  If you find instructions that say 'share a stitch' click away, because that's trying to describe the same thing as the SmartCrochet site but in an unnecessarily convoluted fashion.

This is a pretty but very simple pattern to 'graph out' once you understand how to count the stitches in an open or closed mesh.

I hope she has enough thread to finish it, it will be a devil to find matching thread.  If it's just the 1 ball in your pic, it probably won't be enough.  She might think about finishing the strips and attaching them to a fabric bedspread/quilt; I've seen a lot of old runner/tablecloth/bedspread patterns that are strips of lace between strips of fabric.

edit - Deb, your post came just as I hit the send button.  I was thinking something similar, but rather the old custom of putting lace at the edge of a shelf.  It would be a great idea to turn them into a valance :yes

Archived