slightly confused

Beaglelady

Question

http://www.herrschners.com/product.aspx?sku=231039P&sk=coastal+shrug+

A lady that I know was asking about this pattern (she bought it as a kit)   While she does crochet, she's looking for someone to make it for her.

So I offered and brought home the kit.   Working on a swatch last night - I'm not sure if I'm following the directions correctly or not.

chain  133  

dc in 4th ch from hook, de in next ch  *sk next 2 ch, (dc ch 3 dc) in next ch, sk next 2 ch, dc in each of the next 5 ch;  rep from * across, dec in each of the 3 ch turn.   (piece of cake)

row 2;   ch 3 (counts as dc)  sk first 2 dc, dc in next dc, ch 2  *5 dc in next ch-3 loop, ch 2, sk next dc, dc2tog, ch; rep from * across to last 3 dc, dec in next dc, sk next dc, dc in 3rd ch of beg ch, turn.

Question is this:   is the DC2tog the 2 & 3 dc of the 5dc grouping??  OR would you say  it's the dc of the ch 3 loop and the 1st dc of the 5 dc group?  

row:  ch 4 (counts as dec and ch 1),  dc in first base of ch-4  *sk next ch2 sp, dc in each of the next 5 dc, sk next ch2 sp, (dc, ch3, dc) in next dc2tog;  rep from * across  (dc, ch1 dc) in top of turning ch.  turn 

This lady says she pays $7.00 and hour and in no big rush for it.

Thanks for the help!

3 answers to this question

I'm not really sure because it doesn't specify, but if I was doing it I would try doing it in the 2nd and 4th of the group of 5 dc since that would be central and see how it looks.  Do you have a picture of the finished product to compare it against?

I called Herrschners and talked to a tech.    Very helpful.    She drew it out by hand and figures it on the grouping of the 5dc it's the 1st & 2nd stitches.   So,  I will give that a wirl and see what happens.  As the picture is done 'sideways'.....she's thinking as the rows continue - it staggers.   Will keep you posted and thank for the idea. 

:)

Archived