moss stitch in the round

LadiBug329

Question

7 answers to this question

If you are refering to the alternating sc / dc then yes, I have done it in the round.  You would do the increases just like if you were doing a single type stitch, you just put two stitches in one.  You just have to keep track of your stitches so that you start each round with the correct stitch (either sc or dc).  I joined each round as that was easier for me.  It made a nice textured hat which I gave away before taking a picture of.

For me, the sc, ch1 pattern is a bit hard to work with.  if working flat i have a hard time keeping the edges even.  but it seems like it would be easier in the round since you can mark end of round but just work in a spiral.  As far as increases, i guess you could do 2 sc in one ch sp and then on the next round add the ch sp between the two sc.  i think that should work.

Krodrig99, since you were working also with a two-stitch repeat, is that anything like how you increased?  

Actually yeah that just might work. I'm working on a poncho now that is dc but on the increase rounds that's how its worked. And its increasing just fine.

This is actually the first pattern I've done with increases like this. Usually you just do 2 st in same st to increase.

I'll try it and post here how it works.

Archived