For Kindle Owners - Send To Kindle App - Use For FREE Crochet Patterns

I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but Amazon is offering a Send To Kindle application for users of Google Chrome. You download the application to your computer and it will add a button to your toolbar. When you see an interesting article you would like to read later at your leisure, or a free crochet pattern that you might want to try, you just press the Send to Kindle button and it will send it to your Kindle. If you own more than one Kindle (as I do), you can specify which device you would like to send it to.

I tried it by transferring my free Christmas ornament pattern from my blog to my Kindle - works great! You need to go to the exact blog post and highlight what you want to send. It gives you the option of sending or previewing and sending.

Here is the link for Send to Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/chrome/ref=tsm_1_fb_kin_app_120823_s2k

If you don't currently use Google Chrome, they are working on a version for Firefox.

Be sure the owner of the pattern doesn't mind you saving the pattern to a device. I haven't seen any free patterns that specify that you may not save it to your computer or other device, but there may be someone out there who does. Most don't want you saving AND selling that pattern.

sweet! that's exactly what I was wondering about when I saw it the other day...how well it would work for blogged crochet patterns. definitely putting the send to kindle button on my google chrome now :U Thank you

hm, I don't know. it should work to an app..it's basically the same thing. I think it's when you are setting it up, you choose "where to send it" (a default that can be changed). I think I saw that you can change from "my kindle" to "kindle for pc/ipad, etc etc..whatever your app is named...HTH

btw, I did get the "send to kindle", and used it twice, for two blog articles my sister sent me! I tried the preview on one pattern, (the fruit bag on Michaels.com) but the picture wouldn't come with it...which you know is important! especially when it could sit there for weeks. (I pinned it, but michaels patterns don't stay, so I think I'd better print it before it runs away) It's a cute little pouch, good for more than just apples ;)

hm, I don't know. it should work to an app..it's basically the same thing. I think it's when you are setting it up, you choose "where to send it" (a default that can be changed). I think I saw that you can change from "my kindle" to "kindle for pc/ipad, etc etc..whatever your app is named...HTH

says I don't have a compatible device :(

it's funny that the picture didn't cross over. My pictures came through with my pattern.

Did you highlight everything that you wanted to transfer, including the photos?

I think it's just a quirk on that michaels page. it prints with the picture, and even the print preview page didn't want to include the pic for my kindle. go fig. :shrug no biggie, since I printed a copy. (It wouldn't highlight the picture either so who knows) It's really a basic pattern...I just like their version.

says I don't have a compatible device :(

crazy! and disappointing. maybe contact amazon? if enough people want it, then it should soon be available for your device. they say they'll soon have support for different browsers, like firefox...so I would think it would expand to more of their apps too. :shrug

Archived