Baby Firefighter

Alnee

Question

Hi Everyone!

I am trying my hardest to get back over here and post more often. I can not seem to keep my head above the water with all the projects I have going!!!! :)

I have a request from a friend. Her 1st grandson was just born. Her son has been a member of the fire dept for years... she got to playing on etsy and saw some adorable firefighter dress up/prop outfits for pictures and asked me if I could make them. I have never done hats or clothes for an infant so I really would like to have a pattern that would give me an approx gauge, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find the pattern for a firefighter outfit... hat, diaper cover with suspender straps, and boots. A free pattern would be great but I know that is not likely! I have no problem buying the pattern as long as it is available PDF since I need to get this made up ASAP!!!!

Thank you sooooooo much to anyone that can help me with finding this pattern. I did a quick search online but it just continues to send me to pictures of the outfits on etsy. I know I can most likely just wing it and make it by guessing at the pattern but I really, really would love to a successful pattern written out in front of me to follow!!!! :hook

Alnee

3 answers to this question

Here are a couple of cute fireman hats and a bear (free)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&query=fireman&view=captioned_thumbs&availability=free&sort=best

You could use a basic baby cardigan pattern and just make it black or tan with bright yellow stripes. Same with booties, just make the cuff a bit longer and add a stripe to the toe and the top. Google 'fireman photo' to get an idea, the clothing is pretty simple just stripey.

Edit, I red too fast and missed the diaper covers with suspenders. Hmm, maybe have grandma measure for you and just add crocheted strips crossed in the back to a plain diaper cover pattern?

Archived