Has This Been Done? If Not...

pasteeater

I was thinking it might be neat to have little toys [like crocheted animals] for soldiers to give to their kids when they come home.

Does anyone know if this has been done? I want to do it but there is NO way I can pay for postage. Just no way. I don't drive either.

I have a son in the Navy and a Nephew in the Army, actually two. One I never met before. My one nephew is going to Afghanistan real soon like Sept.

But I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a charity like this? I know there's things for blankets and hats for the soliders but I am looking for something for their kids who serve just as much as their parents. Just in a different way. :facebook

Please tell me if you know of anything or if we can do anything. Maybe with a bunch of us we can work it out?

You could call the USO or the Red Cross and ask.

That's a great idea! I just know I wouldn't be able to do it on my own. I have memory problems with other things but I think it's a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

You can contact your local recruiters and see if they can help you set something up. They would know information about local troops or know how to get information, such as when they are coming home or when they are about to deploy.

I love your idea because it would be something you could do within your community. In fact, many of us on this site could do this within our own community.

Brilliant! Such a loving and sweet idea for the kids and their families.

Blue Star Mom Chapters all over the country do yellow ribbon ceremonies for returning troops. They are in contacts with the FRG( Family Readiness Groups) or can tell you who to contact so you can get this project going....

just type Blue Star Mothers . org Its a great idea for soldiers to have something to hand the little ones...

Also, there are places all over the country called Fisher Houses. These are like the Ronald McDonald Houses for soldiers and their families. I have taken toys to them before and not only do they give them to the children staying at the house, but also children in the military hospitals Let me know if I can get some more info for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Blue Star Mom Chapters all over the country do yellow ribbon ceremonies for returning troops. They are in contacts with the FRG( Family Readiness Groups) or can tell you who to contact so you can get this project going....

just type Blue Star Mothers . org Its a great idea for soldiers to have something to hand the little ones...

Also, there are places all over the country called . These are like the Ronald McDonald Houses for soldiers and their families. I have taken toys to them before and not only do they give them to the children staying at the house, but also children in the military hospitals Let me know if I can get some more info for you.

I'm going to look into this more thanks!

Archived