help with etsy site

I am not sure what to do. i have JUST Opened one account with etsy and went to the option of selling and it asked for my credit card and post mail info. so then i realized i had to make the account under another name and did the same thing.. but it did not ask for my post mail nor my credit card info.. i am very confused and etsy did not help me much with their e mail responce.. the main thing that bothers me is that they have no phone number at all. Can any one help me understand how this works?

from their Privacy Policy - Highlights page:

Personal Information

Etsy requires a member to provide a valid email address and choose a username connected with your site activity. Depending on the services you choose, additional information may be collected, for example: billing or payment information, a telephone number, or a physical address.

Is it possible that the 2nd account you set up was different than the first account you set up? If they were exactly the same, you might be the victim of an Identity theft hacker. Definitely email Etsy immediately.

Even if their first response was not helpful, Etsy is still going to be the best source of what's really happening with your account.

Try emailing again, and keep the dialogue going until you understand what is happening.

Etsy also has their own user forums where you might be able to get additional helpful information.

Archived