Little Video I Did - Crocheting with Eyelash Yarn

kayscrochet

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much! I actually just logged in so that I could ask for advice on how to crochet Bernat's Boa.

I'm going to have to try this now!

Nice video! Love the tip on crocheting the fun fir on the back side and you threw me when you said "It's like crocheting with Big Bird"! :lol

May you would consider putting it in the Crochet Help folder under Crochet Video Tutoials. So many more would see your post and benefit from it.

Thanks for posting it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much! I am thinking of redoing this video to explain it a little better. Someone had asked me on Facebook how to crochet with eyelash yarn so I quickly made this video.

The second string really helps a lot and I think it makes it more durable as eyelash yarn (and boa yarn etc) are a bit fragile.

The eyelash yarn is so soft and featherly so it reminds me of Bigbird LOL.

ReniC I will see if I can figure out how to post it in the other folder.

Kay

your video just clicked and a lightbulb went off in my head! I loved the results with Bernat boa in the maroon/black that I thought I'd make a dress out of it - until I realized just how warm i'd be in it! So now it's going to be a lapghan and matching pillow set.

And this technique will also be used for my niece's christmas present. She just got her 'big girl bed' so I bought a whole bunch of Bernat Boa in Blizzard (clearnace sale at Herrschners) and am going to turn it into a decorative pillow and throw set for her!

Archived