Summer Swaps

It's hard to believe, but summer is right around the corner, and we have some great swaps scheduled for this summer to help crochet away the summer doldrums as the temperatures increase (or decrease, for our swappers in the southern hemisphere). Join us, make a new friend, and perhaps try your hand at a new crochet item, technique, or yarn. As always, details for each swap can be found in the Swap Forum, about 2 weeks before each swap starts.

Thus summer, we will:

Go Green: An eco-friendly match to the popular Stocking Stuffer of Christmas. Stuff a market bag you make (or a recyclable one you buy) with environmentally-friendly items.

Kitchen Swap: Return of the yearly favorite.

Sock Yarn Swap: When it gets too hot to play with wool, we'll be exchanging sock yarns--they're not just for socks anymore. Have you seen the gorgeous shawls, sweaters, and yes, socks, made from these beautiful colorways?

Purse and Tote: The return of another Crochetville favorite. From project totes to evening purses, our swappers have a great time every year exchanging crocheted totes and purses with each other.

And later this summer, we have the inaugural Hometown Swap. Who says staycations are boring? We're sending you out to explore your city or town, or your state, to find local items to swap. Great places for locally-made, one of a kind items include farmer's markets, craft fairs, and tourist attractions (if you're like me, you often don't go to these because you live there, right? Well, here's your excuse to go check that attraction out.). We'll also have another yarn swap, Favorite Yarn Swap, and the next KISS (Keep It Simple Swap).

Come and join us for some swapping fun as Summer 2012 arrives!

The Swap Hostesses

That Hometown Swap sounds like super fun!!!

Oh yes! I am really looking forward to that one. Hometown with a bit of Home Country from me :lol

Nicole, thanks for having me in the Ami swap. It was my first swap and I loved it!!!

Archived